Treasure Bound Books is strongly committed to protecting your privacy while you interact with our content, products and services. We want to provide a safe and secure environment for you and your children.
This policy applies only to Treasure Bound Books and not to other companies’ or organizations’ websites to which Treasure Bound Books is linked.
- Collection of information:
We collect information from you to help us improve the products and services we provide you – so we can give you more of what you want.
Depending on the service you want, you could be asked to provide information such as your name, email address or information about your preferences. It is your choice whether to respond to these questions or not.
Treasure Bound Books collects two types of information:
1. Anonymous information. For example, we may collect information on how many people come to our home page in a week, but we do not know their names, personal details or contact details – they are anonymous to us. Or we may ask visitors to take a survey or vote in a poll on the website. A survey may ask you for demographic information such as your age, gender and postcode. This information is collected for research purposes, is used in the aggregate, and the visitor remains anonymous to us.
2. Personal information. Personal information lets us know the specifics of who you are such as your name, email address, or postal address, when you provide it to us. With this information, Treasure Bound Books can provide a variety of personalised and enhanced services that are not available to anonymous users. Some information may be required, such as your name, age, email address, billing address, credit card number, etc. in order to provide that service or product to you. We may also ask about your interests, but it is your choice whether to respond.
This information may also be used to inform you of additional products and services which may interest you. You can choose not to receive such information when you provide your information on our website. You decide how much information you want to give Treasure Bound Books.
You can unsubscribe easily and quickly at any time if you no longer wish to receive information from us.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for Treasure Bound Books to disclose your personal information to third parties. Treasure Bound Books may be required by law to disclose the information, or Treasure Bound Books may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties to provide the service you have requested. For example, if you purchase products online from Treasure Bound books, Treasure Bound Books will need to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to bill and deliver your products. However, the disclosure will only be made where it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which you disclosed your personal information.
Under no circumstances will Treasure Bound Books sell your personal information.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Treasure Bound Books encourages contributions and feedback on our website.
You may make a contribution subject to the terms and conditions below. These conditions apply to any content contributed in any format to any platforms hosted or facilitated by Treasure Bound Books.
- All content published on the Treasure Bound Books website is at Treasure Bound Books’ sole discretion
- Treasure Bound Books reserves the right to archive and republish all contributions to its interactive features across all platforms
- Children’s contributions should be supervised by an adult
- Participation conditions may vary across Treasure Bound Books’ interactive features:
- Copyright Information appearing on the Treasure Bound Books website is copyright of Treasure Bound Books and must not be reproduced in any medium without approval. Material published on the internet is protected by the same laws of copyright which apply to books, videos and music. The right to “copy” always remains with the owner of the material. Unless expressly stated otherwise, you are not permitted to copy or republish anything you find on the internet without the copyright owner’s permission.
Treasure Bound Books always tries to ensure that the information published on our websites is correct but does not accept any liability for error or omission.
- Comments and complaints
To contact Treasure Bound Books with a comment or complaint, please submit through the Contact Us form.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What happens if a child answers a poll?
A.Treasure Bound Books from time to time will set up polls on our site to learn visitor preferences. The information we receive does not contain any personal information. The information will be used to create a better site and books for children to enjoy.
Q. What happens if a child enters a competition?
A. When a child enters a competition on Treasure Bound Books, they will be asked for their email address and contact information. Once Treasure Bound Books has appraised all entries, the parent of the winning entry will be contacted to confirm address details to mail out the prize. Treasure Bound Books will not award the prize if parental approval is not given.
Q. How does Treasure Bound Books use personal information about children and what happens to it?
A. The information visitors provide is only used to send out products and services requested by the visitor, to send out prizes in competitions and to communicate updates, offers or membership benefits from Treasure Bound Books.
Q. Do you sell your information to third parties.