Fundraising Manager, Please click here to Download the Flyer
For more details, scroll down past this white flyer
Contact: Email Karen: karen at treasureboundbooks dot com
Super Easy Fundraiser that Encourages Literacy -
I’m children’s author, Karen Robertson and I’ve used my work to donate thousands of dollars to schools.
When my son picked up the iPad for the first time and chose storybook apps over games, I transformed my books into book apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
You can use these apps to raise money for your school and promote literacy at the same time.
It’s super easy.
How the Fundraiser Works:
1. You choose a date that we will raise funds for your school.
2. On that date, $1 from every download of a Treasure Kai book app will go towards your school.
That’s $1 from EVERY download, worldwide, not just downloads from your school.
3. All you need to do is communicate to your students and parents about the fundraiser. Sample emails and fliers are available below.
4. On that date, parents can buy one or two of the Treasure Kai apps if they have iPads, iPhones or iPod touches, and if they choose to do so. They can also spread the word to their social media contacts, friends and family, if they choose.
5. Your school will know the next day how much money you’ve raised because I get a report the next day!
6. Your school will receive payment approximately 6 weeks later, when Apple pays me for the app sales.
All you do is choose a date, send an email or flyer to your parents, and bank the money you raise! It really is that simple.
- There are no catalogs to distribute.
- Kids don’t have to go door-to-door selling something!
- There is no money to collect.
- No products to store, sort or deliver.
- Super fast. Super easy. And the kids love it!
- Super simple – download an app, email a few friends, post on Facebook and tweet!
- Super fast – raise funds in minutes.
- Guilt-free screen time as Treasure Kai is interactive reading fun.
- Have fun reading!
- And don’t sell door to door (I hated that when I was a kid!)
About Treasure Kai Book Apps
Treasure Kai book apps have been downloaded by tens of thousands of people in nearly 100 different countries!
Available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch on the App Store
Treasure Kai and the Lost Gold of Shark Island –
In a twist on the choose-your-adventure format, readers join Treasure Kai as he searches for gold, with thousands of paths to the treasure. This book was designed to motivate kids to finish the story they start. Winner of “Best in Category” at the New Media Film Festival, San Francisco, an AppySmarts “Editor’s Choice” and a Digital Storytime “Top 25 Most Essential Children’s Book App.”
Treasure Kai and the Seven Cities of Gold –
the sequel to the first book app, kids go back in time to join Treasure Kai on a race against Francisco Coronado to find the Seven Lost Cities of Gold. This book was designed to motivate kids to pay attention to what they read because their memory must get Treasure Kai home! One of only 20 apps to receive a 5-star rating from Digital Storytime in 2012.
About Karen Robertson
In 2007, Karen was struggling to get her sons (6 and 9 years old) to read for fun. One night, she literally had a dream about a new kind of book, where every time you read a page, you had to physically do something to move the story forward. From that dream, she created a new kind of book that integrated toys into story. She wrote Treasure Kai and the Lost Gold of Shark Island
, a treasure hunt adventure book that used toys as clues to finding a gold treasure.
When her dyslexic son picked up an iPad for the first time and chose storybook apps over games, she knew it was time to “go digital.” She released both Treasure Kai books as book apps and both are highly acclaimed and loved by kids.
Karen has used her work to raise thousands of dollars for schools.
Originally from Texas, Karen spent 18 years in Sydney, Australia before returning to Texas so that her son could attend a specialist school for dyslexics.
Sample Facebook posts
Today only! Great fundraiser for our school. Download this award-winning story app and $1 from each worldwide download goes to our school. Please share. Thanks! http://tinyurl.com/an8e6yd
Today only! Great fundraiser for our school. Download this award-winning story app and $1 from each worldwide download goes to our school. Please share. Thanks! http://tinyurl.com/b2777re
Today only – $1 for every download of this award winning story app goes to our school http://tinyurl.com/an8e6yd
Today only – $1 for every download of this award winning story app goes to our school http://tinyurl.com/b2777re