Treasure Kai’s “Be an App Star” Treasure Map Contest
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
- Contest Description. The “Treasure Kai’s ‘Be an App Star’ Treasure Map Contest” (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage kids (“Entrant(s)”) around the world to create their own treasure map. Other than including a drawing or image of the Treasure Kai character or the Treasure Kai name, there are no set requirements for the treasure maps. Treasure Bound Books’ judges will choose semi finalists. An online public vote will choose finalists from the semi finalist list. Guest judges will choose the winning entries from the finalist list and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules. .
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Treasure Bound Books Pty Ltd (“Treasure Bound Books”), based in Sydney Australia at 7 Francis St, Fairlight NSW 2094, Australia.
- Binding Agreement. In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). The Rules consist of: (i) the terms and conditions on this page and(ii) tick the Parent Consent and terms read box (“Contest Materials”). You must obtain the prior permission of your parent and/or legal guardian, who must agree to these Rules on his/her and your behalf before you can enter this Contest. Because these Rules form a legally binding agreement with respect to this Contest, please read them carefully. If you do not agree to the Rules, you are not eligible to participate in the Contest or to win one of the three prizes. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
- Eligibility. The Contest is open to any child aged 4 (as of Sept 1, 2011) – 12 (as of September 30, 2011), anywhere in the world. Entry opens on Sept 1 2011 at 12:00;01 A.M. EST Sydney, Australia time and closes on September 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 P.M. EST Sydney, Australia time. Only one map per Entrant is allowed. In the case of duplicate or multiple entries from the same Entrant, the first entry to be uploaded via online entry form or received by email will be accepted as the entry into the Contest. Internet access is required to register for the Contest. At the time of submission of a Map, each Entrant must (i) meet the age criteria (ii) have obtained his or her parents’ or legal guardians’ prior permission and have agreed to be bound by these Rules. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders, as well as their immediate families, of Treasure Bound Books, its affiliates, and any representatives or agencies of Treasure Bound Books or other persons professionally connected with the Contest are not eligible to participate. This Contest is void where prohibited.
- Contest Period. The Contest begins on Sept 1, 2011 at 12:00:01 A.M. (EST Sydney, Australia time). The Contest ends on September 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 P.M. (EST Sydney, Australia time).
- Who Can Enter. Parents or legal guardians of children meeting the eligible criteria are eligible to submit entries on behalf of eligible Entrants (“Authorized Entrants”) as defined by these Rules.
- How To Enter. The entry period on the Treasure Kai website (www.treasurekai.com/appstar) (“Contest Website”) ends on September 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 P.M. (EST Sydney, Australia time). Contest instructions are posted on the Contest Website. Submissions must be submitted via the official form on the website www.treasurekai.com/appstar or via the specified email address email@example.com and then confirmed by clicking on the link in the confirmation email and completing the entry form.
Entries sent by means other than the online form or specified email address or by anyone other than Authorized Registrants will not be considered eligible entries. Submissions must be: (i) complete (as determined by Treasure Bound Books); (ii) in English (unless otherwise specified); (iii) uploaded by September 30, 2011 by 11:59:59 P.M. (EST Sydney, Australia time). Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. Treasure Bound Books accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused.
- Conduct. By entering the Contest, you and your Authorized Entrant agree to comply with and be bound by the Rules, which will also be posted on the Contest Website. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in your disqualification from the Contest. You further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Treasure Bound Books reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (2) violating the Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any Treasure Bound Books property or service; (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (5) failure to provide documentation verifying entrant’s age. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any Entrant concerning identity, ownership of rights or non-compliance with the Rules may result in the immediate disqualification of an Entrant from the Contest. Treasure Bound Books further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion, infringes upon any third party right, violates any law or otherwise does not comply with these Rules.
- Judging and Selection of Winners. Entries will be judged by members of the Treasure Bound Books team based on the following judging criteria:
(i) creativity and originality
(iii) whether the submission adheres to these Rules
Decisions of the judges are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. If a winner is not able for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Treasure Bound Books reserves the right to award the prize to another Entrant. Submissions will be divided into three grade groups for judging:
(i) 4-6 years old
(ii) 7-9 years old
(iii) 10-12 years old
There will be three (3) levels of judging for each age group that will result in finalists at each of the following levels: “Age Semi Finalists,” “Age Finalists,” and “Age Winners.”
The Age Semi Finalists judging will include judging by Treasure Bound Books representatives. At the Age Semi Finalist Level, up to thirty (30) Age Finalists will be selected to advance forward in the Contest (ten (10) per Age Group). For purposes of the “Age Finalist” judging, 5 Age Finalists from each age group (15 total) will be selected by public voting via the Contest Website. Online public voting starts on October 18, 2011 at 12:00:01 A.M. (EST Sydney, Australia time) and closes on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:59:59 P.M. (EST Sydney, Australia time). Guest judges will then choose one (1) Age Winner from each of the Age Finalists Groups by November 16, 2011.
10. Prizes. The three Winners will win a “cameo role” in the book app, “Treasure Kai and the Lost Gold of Shark Island.” Each Winner will be required to supply a photo of himself or herself from which illustrator, Victor Guiza will draw the likeness of the winner as a cartoon character for the app. The Winner must accept the likeness Victor draws and no revisions will be entered into. Ownership of the illustration remains with Treasure Bound Books. The Winner grants all rights to Treasure Bound Books to use the illustration in the App and in any promotional materials and media for the app, promotion or company. There is no cash alternative and the prizes must be taken as offered. Treasure Bound Books reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the Contest prizes become unavailable for any reason.
11. Media Activity: By participating in this Contest, you agree and hereby grant Treasure Bound Books permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and publicly display your Contest submission for any purpose, such as, but not limited to, press and media communications, without any compensation, payment or attribution to you. You also agree to participate in any media or promotional activity regarding the Contest. If you are a Age Semi Finalist, Age Finalist or Age Winner, you agree that Treasure Bound Books may use your name and likeness to administer and promote the Contest and to conduct media interviews and promotional events.
13. General Conditions. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales Australia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by the terms of these Rules and by Treasure Bound Book’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of attempted first notification will forfeit his or her prize. Potential prize winners may be required to sign, notarize, and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, within three (3) business days and provide any additional information that may be required by Treasure Bound Books. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Treasure Bound Books is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Entrants certify that their submission is original, the submission is drawn without any help from an adult, and that they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted submission (or if they are not sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submission, that they have obtained the necessary permission to include the submission in the Contest) and that they have the right to submit the submission in the Contest. Each entrant agrees not to participate in the Contest in any manner that might: (i) infringe any third-party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; or (2) otherwise violate applicable law in any countries in the world.
14. No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief, or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights.
15. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: To the maximum extend permitted by law, you indemnify and agree to keep indemnified Treasure Bound Books at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages,costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission by you and/or a breach of any warranty by you set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you indemnify and agree to keep indemnified Treasure Bound Books at all times from and against any liability,actions, claims,demands,losses,damages, costs and expenses for or in respect of whichTreasure Bound Books will or may become liabile by reason of or related or incidental to any act, default, or omission by you under these rules including without limitation resulting from or in relation to any breach, non-observance,act or omission whether negligent or otherwise, pursuant to these rules by you. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to hold Treasure Bound Books, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the contest and/or use or acceptance of any prize won.
16. Third Parties. Treasure Bound Books is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, including Entrant’s parents/legal guardian that might prevent the Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest.
17. Intellectual Property. By registering for the Contest and/or submitting an entry you agree explicitly that all components of your artwork and supporting statement are indeed original creations. Any intellectual property infringement, misuse or plagiarism of another’s work in any form or state will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of eligibility to receive all awards, recognition and prizes. You also agree to allow Treasure Bound Books to make public statements regarding any disqualifications and any grounds for disqualification. All intellectual property and industrial property rights in any entries that belonged to the Entrants will remain with the Entrants, but the submissions will otherwise become the property of Treasure Bound Books, and will not be returned after the Contest. You grant Treasure Bound Books permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and publicly display your Contest submission for any purpose, including display on the Treasure Bound Books website, without any attribution or compensation to you.
18. Internet. Treasure Bound Books is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Treasure Bound Books is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Contest materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Treasure Bound Books is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to display Contest materials on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Treasure Bound Books reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
19. Severability. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
20. Winner List. The names of the winners will be posted on the Contest Website within two (2) weeks of the end of the Contest.
© Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Treasure Bound Books Pty Ltd.
Treasure Map Entry Deadline: September 30, 2011
Semi Finalists Notified: by October 17, 2011
Online Public Vote Starts: October 18, 2011
Final Winner Selected: by November 16, 2011
Winner Announced on Treasure Kai App Star Contest Page: by November 25, 2011